G R Bunning & Co are a local fishmongers in the heart of Norfolk. Known locally as ‘Bunning’s Fish’, we are a family business selling fresh local fish and shellfish, along with some of the finest sourced fish from around the world. Come and visit us at our family-run fishmongers, or at one of the local markets, and enjoy our fresh fish, and our smoked fish which we smoke ourselves.
2 large ripe tomatoes
6 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley leaves (optional)
1 tsp Dried chilli flakes or 1 fresh chilli, chopped
125ml white wine
salt and pepper
4 sea bass fillets, fresh or frozen
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl filled with boiling water. leave for 10 seconds, drain, then slip off the skins. Cut the tomatoes in half, scoop out and discard the seeds, then chop the flesh.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan that has a lid. Then add the garlic, parsley, chilli, and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes before adding the wine. Increate the heat and bring the sauce to a simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Season, reduce the heat and place the sea bass fillets, skin-side up, in the pan. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes, or 10 if you’re using frozen fish.
- Serve the fillets, skin-side down, with the sauce spooned over the top and seasoned to taste