G R Bunning & Co are a local fishmongers in the heart of Norfolk. Known locally as ‘Bunning’s Fish’, we are a family business selling fresh local fish and shellfish, along with some of the finest sourced fish from around the world. Come and visit us at our family-run fishmongers, or at one of the local markets, and enjoy our fresh fish, and our smoked fish which we smoke ourselves.
Norfolk bronze turkeys and proper chickens, orders being taken now!
2 large ripe tomatoes
6 tbsp olive oil
2 garlic cloves, crushed
2 tbsp finely chopped parsley leaves (optional)
1 tsp Dried chilli flakes or 1 fresh chilli, chopped
125ml white wine
salt and pepper
4 sea bass fillets, fresh or frozen
- Put the tomatoes in a bowl filled with boiling water. leave for 10 seconds, drain, then slip off the skins. Cut the tomatoes in half, scoop out and discard the seeds, then chop the flesh.
- Heat the oil in a large frying pan that has a lid. Then add the garlic, parsley, chilli, and cook for 2 minutes
- Add the tomatoes and cook for another 2 minutes before adding the wine. Increate the heat and bring the sauce to a simmer for a couple of minutes.
- Season, reduce the heat and place the sea bass fillets, skin-side up, in the pan. Cover the pan and cook for 5 minutes, or 10 if you’re using frozen fish.
- Serve the fillets, skin-side down, with the sauce spooned over the top and seasoned to taste